Want to ride your own bike on tour with us?
While we’d like to have the specific brand & model bike that every guest is looking for, we’d need at least 5 times more space to store them all.
Our fleet of in-house bikes suit a variety of riders’ tastes, but if they don’t suit you. that’s all that matters.
It doesn’t mean you have to miss out on touring with us. Now you’ve got two possible solutions:
- the option of renting the brand bike that you like. There are a number of motorcycle rental agencies that might have what you are looking for.
- Plan on spending somewhere between 130-200 Euros per day.
- Make sure it comes with some kind of roadside assistance insurance.
- Make sure you’ll be able to pick it up & return it based on your travel dates:
- Many rental agencies are closed on Sundays & Monday.
- Any bikes <600cc displacement and you will struggle to keep up on tours that traverse the Alps or Pyrenees.
- We can provide you with some assistance in locating a bike.
2. You can ship your bike.
- We can help coordinate shipping, receiving & returning.
- Inquire about overseas insurance and roadside assistance.
There are a variety of shipping companies offering a range of services from door to door or port to port or anywhere in between. We placed a few inquiries lately for shipping quotes for a BMW R1200 GS shipped from the port of NYC to Le Havre, France (the largest & closest Continental port).
A one way transport cost varied between $1,000-$1,500 USD (which doesn’t include any customs duties, taxes or other fees).
If you’re planning on spending some time on the Continent shipping your bike might be an interesting option for you.
As always, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch.